Remember when doctors made house calls?
We still do.
Health care the way it should be: Quality, Caring and Personal.
Home Care Physicians provides comprehensive home-based medical care in order to minimize the need for hospitalizations, rehospitalizations or long-term care factilities, such as nursing homes.
We provide our homebound clients with convenient, quality medical care in the comfort, privacy and safety of their own homes. Our physicians, physician assistants and nurse practitioners will provide you with a wide spectrum of the highest quality personnel and medical care available.
We serve Macomb, Wayne, and Oakland counties of southeastern Michigan, as well as the greater Detroit metro area.
What qualifies a patient as homebound?
There are many different situations and conditions that can qualify someone as homebound. Medicare defines homebound status as meeting the following criteria:
- Leaving your home isn't recommended because of your medical condition.
- Your condition keeps you from leaving home without help (such as using a wheelchair or walker, needing special transportation, or getting help from another person).
- Leaving home takes a considerable and taxing effort.
- Severe shortness of breath
- Oxygen dependent
- Pain restricting movement
- Needs assistance to move
- Terminal condition
- Severe functional limitations
- Requires maximum assistance for all activities
- Severe immune suppression
- Impaired mental status
- Requires 24 hour care and supervision
- Cannot leave the home unattended due to Dementia
- Unsafe for patient without supervision
- Shortness of breath due to talking
- Cardiac restriction due to chest pain
- Confusion level precedes safe leaving of home
- Severe weakness, unsteady gait
- Second level or high home without elevators
- Patient unable to use the stairs independently
- Angina with activity
- Lower extremity edemas imparing ambulation
- Pain on movement or walking
- Activity restricted due to pain
- Cannot safely leave home without assistive device
- Medically restricted due to risk of infection post-op
- Weakness due to chemotherapy or radiation treatments
Medicare is health insurance for the following:People age 65 or older, peole under age 65 with certain disabilities; people of any age with End-Stage ...
The following sites may be useful resources for seniors. Many answers to general medical questions can be found on government websites through a simple...
Too often people think of hospice only in the last days or hours of life. The truth is that hospice care can benefit your loved one and your family for a...